Registration is now open
for CanSkate and STARSkate.
CanPowerSkate registration is NOT available through this site.
Our COVID-19 RETURN TO PLAY Procedures and Requirements MUST be read BEFORE registering in any programs.
Synchronized skating is a specialized discipline of skating involving groups of eight or more skaters performing various group formations and maneuvers. The objective is for the team to perform as one unit executing circles, blocks, lines, wheels and intersections in unison to the music, while demonstrating quality edges, power and flow.
Skills, Tests, Achievement, Recognition
STARSkate offers opportunities for skaters of all ages to develop fundamental figure skating skills in the areas of ice dance, skating skills, free skate and interpretive skating. Unique in Canada, this program teaches figure skating skills in a group and/or private lesson format in a progressive and sequential manner and includes specifically designed awards and incentives.
CanSkate is a dynamic learn-to-skate program that focuses on fun, participation and basic skill development. Based on Sport Canada’s long term athlete development (LTAD) principles, CanSkate centers on physical literacy and the fundamental skills needed to take part in any ice sport or to skate as a recreational activity.
CanSkate: Learn to SkateRegister
CanPowerSkate is an action-packed, high energy instructional power skating program geared to hockey and ringette skaters that focuses on balance, power, agility, speed and endurance. Skills, techniques and conditioning drills are taught in a progressive format that emphasizes how the skills apply to game situations.
Registration Information and Schedule
Important Registration Information
Registration for our October 2020- March 2021 season is now open
Our Return to Play policies can be found HERE.
Please read prior to registering in any program.
Some program information has changed coming into the winter season, so please read things carefully as you proceed.
CanSkate will be in two separate registrations this season: Block 1 (Oct-Dec) and Block 2 (Jan-Mar). There will be no full season CanSkate registrations for the 2020 -2021 Season.
Choose either CanSkate A or Canskate B sessions. Purchase both CanSkate A days, or both CanSkate B days for discounted pricing. Less experienced skaters are advised to register in the CanSkate A sessions.
- 5 years and up for past participants of the CanSkate program.
- 6 years and up for beginners.
- who are able to STAND, MOVE, and follow instructions on their own.
- Teen/Adult CanSkate: for skaters who are 15 and up on Wednesday evenings at 7pm-8pm, starting October 28
- Pre-Power focus group during our CanSkate B sessions. CanSkate for those who are heading into Power Skating, Hockey and Ringette - wear your gear!
- An Intermediate Option for STARSkaters in Star 2 and 3
- A single Synchro session, open to all levels, to maintain skills and enthusiasm while competitions are restricted.
- A Junior/Senior Showcase time (included with regular registration) to keep our STARSkaters competition ready.
Winter 2020-21 Calendar
Please note the following important details:
- Mondays schedule changes on October 26
- Tuesday and Wednesday Programming does not start until Oct 27
- Seniors and the Intermediate Option have 6 other ice times at the MacLauchlan Arena in October. See schedule HERE.
- All CanSkate sessions are held at Simmons Arena on North River Road
Reviving the Charlottetown Skating Club
Charlottetown Skating Club was proud to be given the opportunity to work with Immigration and Citizenship Canada on a promotion film for their “Immigration Matters” campaign. The focus of the short film is on the benefits of immigration to a community. Charlottetown Skating Club would like to thank to all who participated, and whose hard work made this happen.See more...